5 Steps to Powerful Promo Videos for Your Coaching Programs
So, you’ve got a top-notch coaching program, and you’re eager to share it with the world. But how can you truly showcase the value and expertise you bring to the table? The answer’s simple: Create powerful promo videos for your coaching programs in 5 simple steps! In today’s visual and fast-paced digital landscape, video content is king. Let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of crafting eye-catching and engaging promo videos that’ll have clients lining up around the block.
Step 1: Know Your Audience
First Things First: Identify Your Target Audience
Before you can create powerful promo videos for your coaching programs, you need to know who you’re speaking to. Consider the following aspects of your target audience:
- Demographics: Age, gender, occupation, income, and location.
- Psychographics: Values, interests, lifestyle, and challenges.
- Your specific niche: What problem does your coaching package solve?
Once you know who you’re speaking to, what their problem is, and how you can uniquely solve it, it’s time to get creating!
Speak Their Language
Now it’s time to tailor your messaging to resonate with your ideal clients. Use language, tone, and examples that’ll strike a chord and make them feel seen and understood.
Step 2: Plan Your Content
Craft a Compelling Narrative
Every great video tells a story. To create powerful promo videos for your coaching programs, consider these storytelling elements:
- Hook: Grab your audience’s attention from the get-go. You only have a few seconds so get to the point right away and use language that makes them feel something or creates curiosity.
- Problem: Identify the main challenge your target audience faces. You need to kind of poke the bear here. State the problem and dig into it until they really feel a bit of pain.
- Solution: Showcase how your coaching program addresses this issue. How will they feel AFTER working with you?
- Benefits: Highlight the tangible and intangible rewards of your program. Not the features, the benefits! A feature is 6 one on one coaching calls with you. A benefit is that they will finally be able to stop XYZ once and for all.
- Call-to-Action: Encourage viewers to take the next step, whether it’s signing up for a free consultation or enrolling in your program.
Storyboard Your Ideas
A storyboard is a visual representation of your video’s flow. Use it to plan out your shots, angles, and transitions, ensuring your narrative unfolds seamlessly. While you CAN draw pictures to illustrate each “scene,” it’s not always necessary to do that. I like to simply write my outline like a play:
We open with a woman sitting at her desk writing and looking frustrated – Voiceover: Are you constantly frustrated that your to-do list never seems to get any shorter?
Woman looks at the camera and says, “Yes! I always have 10 things left to do at the end of the day, and I can’t sleep at night.”
Voiceover: What if you had a secret weapon that would allow you to finish every single thing on your list each and every day, and it would only take an hour a week to set up?
Woman looks at the camera and says, “I can’t even imagine that! It doesn’t seem possible.”
Voiceover with B roll: With the XYZ system, not only will you knock out your to-do list like a BOSS, you’ll have extra free time left over every week. You’ll finally get to take care of YOU for a change. (Show clips from the program, product, service, smiling clients, etc., as B roll.)
You’ll write out the entire promo script and design from start to finish. You can brainstorm the opening hook and the call to action at the end and even make multiple versions of the video so that you can test them to see which ones get the highest click-through rate and engagement.
Step 3: Lights, Camera, Action!
Choose Your Gear
You don’t need a Hollywood budget to create powerful promo videos for your coaching programs. Here’s some essential equipment to get you started:
- Camera: A smartphone or DSLR will do the trick. It’s more important to be genuine and personable on camera than to have a super polished, overly-produced commercial.
- Tripod: Keep your shots steady and professional. No shaky cameras, please!
- Lighting: Natural light works wonders, but consider investing in an affordable lighting kit. Here is a link to the gear I use. I have beginner and intermediate options, but if you want to cough up major bucks on high-end stuff, you’ll have to find recommendations elsewhere. I’m all about low-budget options!
- Microphone: A lapel or shotgun mic ensures crisp audio. This is one area that is NOT NEGOTIABLE. You need a microphone every time unless your face is 2’ from the camera.
Don’t be camera-shy! Embody confidence and enthusiasm to captivate your audience. Speak clearly, maintain eye contact, and let your passion shine through.
Step 4: Edit Like a Pro
Video Editing Software
You don’t need elaborate editing programs like Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, although you certainly can use them if you have editing skills. Something like iMovie, WeVideo, or Filmora will be just fine. These tools will help you cut, trim, and stitch together your footage into a polished final product.
Add Some Pizzazz
Enhance your video with text overlays, animations, and music to create a dynamic viewing experience. Just be sure not to overdo it – let your content take center stage.
Step 5: Share Your Masterpiece
Spread the Word
Once you’ve created your powerful promo video, it’s time to share it far and wide. Post it on your website, social media platforms, and email campaigns to maximize its reach. You can run ads on social media and on YouTube as well.
Monitor your results and consider updating the promo after it’s been seen by many people if you’re not getting conversions. The idea is that for every 100 people who see the video, you want 2-3 people to buy your offer.
If you have a higher conversion rate than that, then congratulations! You’re killing it! Less than two purchases mean you should revamp the promo, or if you already have multiple versions running, turn off the ones that are not performing. Keep the top performing going, and create a new version to test against the current winner.
Your Time to Shine
There you have it! With these 5 simple steps, you’re now equipped to create powerful promo videos for your coaching programs that’ll captivate your audience and drive results. Embrace your inner filmmaker, and let the world see the transformative power of your coaching expertise. Happy filming!
Ready to take your coaching business to the next level? Get my FREE resources to help you create a winning video strategy for your coaching brand. Whether you’re just getting started with video or looking to up your game, these resources will provide you with valuable tips, tricks, and insights to help you succeed.